Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Thread Worm Treatment

(3 Posts)
puppy Tue 16-Aug-05 10:57:23

We discovered on Saturday that my DS 3yrs had thread worms, we treated all of us with ovex, with my sons tablet i had to crush it and mix it up in his juice which he drank over a period of time. This morning DS went to the toilet and I found that the little blighters are still alive, How long does the treatment take to work?

Isn't this part of parenting fab eh, My DSD 15years has nits which i have been battling against over the past couple of months (she has really thick long hair that she refuses to have cut), i have just ordered liceattack and a nittygritty comb.

puppy Tue 16-Aug-05 16:17:46

go on..... ou know you want to answer

flowerfairy Tue 16-Aug-05 20:29:47

Mmm we had this problem too.

I don't recall it saying in the instructions how long it takes to work. But I think that the thread worm lifecycle is approx 2-6 weeks. So I suppose if there were still eggs around then they could still be hatching. You can take a second dose about 2 weeks later if you want to make sure, check with pharmacist, though.

I tried to damp dust and hoover the bedrooms everyday as well, like it says in the instruction leaflet. Though sometimes the day ran away with me. HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now