Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

was rushed to hospital today

(9 Posts)
starshaker Mon 15-Aug-05 19:56:46

yesterday i didnt feel that great it felt like some1 had kicked me on the back and winded me. i felt like that all day then today it was the same and was quite breathless. had an appointment for the doc about blood test and mentiond it to him. he rushed me by ambulance up to a&e as he thought i had a blood clot on my lung. got lots of horrible tests 1 that was so painfull i passed out. anyway they did a chest x-ray which was clear so they said i could go home but to wait by the phone incase the results came back saying i have 1. im a bit worried but not as bad as i was after getting clear x-ray.

spidermama Mon 15-Aug-05 20:00:21

This sounds very like something I had last year starshaker. Suddenly I had really excrutiating pains up the side of my ribcage (lungs probably) every time I breathed it.
I too was rushed to hospital, they thought it might be a clot as my dad has them. I had all sorts of nasty tests but they didn't ever find out what caused it.
It hasn't happened again but it's a bit of a worry.
I have my theroies. Do you have theories about why it happened to you?
Are you ok now?

burstingbug Mon 15-Aug-05 20:00:38

Hope everythings ok.

NannyL Mon 15-Aug-05 20:01:18

poor you.

hope you feel much better very soon

Got my fingers crossed for you

MrsGordonRamsay Mon 15-Aug-05 20:02:04

Oh how very worrying.

Much love

LGJ

starshaker Mon 15-Aug-05 20:03:08

i feel ok now bit breathless. think i pulled a muscle while playing with the kids i look after and the way i was sleeping agravated it. just need to wait and see. what would happen if it was a clot

spidermama Mon 15-Aug-05 20:03:51

They'd inject you with blood thinning drugs to move or dissolve it.

spidermama Tue 16-Aug-05 23:37:36

How's it going starshaker. Are you any the wiser?

Janh Wed 17-Aug-05 00:02:18

I had a clot on the lung, starshaker - had to go in for about 2 weeks, daily injections of heparin, then take warfarin daily for 6 months with weekly trips to blood clinic to check for blood thin-ness or whatever it is. PITA but OK (better than the alternative!)

The pain I had with it was excruciating though - I breathed more and more shallowly but it still hurt like hell. My GP came round and gave me a diamorphine injection which stopped it hurting, and then DH had to drive me to hosp and I was admitted - they did some sort of X-ray but nothing painful (this was 4 years ago).

spidermama's sounds more like what I had. Does yours still hurt today?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now