Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

German Measles

(7 Posts)
Springchicken Mon 15-Aug-05 11:06:31

DD(13 months) has got German Measles .

Had to rush her up to the hospital yesterday as she was reactning badly to the light and NHS direct said that Meningitis needed to be ruled out. Needless to say, was in a complete panic.

Doctor checked over and said Measle initially then decided it was German Measles. So i now have a very spotted, clingy and grumpy little girl who cannot go to nursery for 14-21 days.
Feel like i'm solitary confindment (sp?)

Toothache Mon 15-Aug-05 11:18:53

Aw SC - Thats rotten! I had German Measles when I was 9ish. I didn't feel ill really, just really spotty and contagious!!! Loved having 2 weeks off school though.

Hope she gets better soon.... she'll be about to get her MMR too!

Springchicken Mon 15-Aug-05 11:22:08

Already had it toothy, about 3 weeks ago. Think that's why she's got it, hopefully just a mild episode.

I would've loved 2 weeks off schooolt oo but not sure my boss feels the same about me having 2-3 weeks off work. plus still have to pay nursery fee's whilst she's not there. Looks like another day of CBeebies ahead, oh the fun !

Chuffed Mon 15-Aug-05 11:28:35

springchicken there must be something going around - dd is in the middle of a covered in rash virus of the measles and rubella variety. She is just bored stupid at home... but is fine in herself after the first couple of days.
We actually got out of the house really early on Sunday to go to the park before other kids so she could go on the swings etc (fully covered)to get out of the house.

Toothache Mon 15-Aug-05 11:32:11

SC - I seeeeee. It should just be a mild case then. I didn't think MMR was a live vaccine!
Can you split the time off between you and DP? Thats what we do, DH has one day, then I'll take the next day. We find that appeases distraught employers.

To survive I think you have to get another TV!

Springchicken Mon 15-Aug-05 11:35:01

Panicking now at how many other kids may come down with it at nursery. DDhas had a cold for the last week but i didn't realise until this morning that it was a symptom.
We can't split the time off really, DP is self employeed so we really can't afford for him to be having unnecessary time off. Plus we are going on holiday in 4 weeks and need all the money we can get.

Jimjams Mon 15-Aug-05 11:57:13

If its a reaction to the vaccine then she shouldn't be contagious...... Although there was a discussion about that on here recently following one doctor's comments.

DS1 had german meales when he was 3. We were bored staying in, but he wasn't ill at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now