Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Met Peters 'neighbour' today

(10 Posts)
misdee Sun 14-Aug-05 21:30:28

and his wife and 6 week old baby girl! oh she is so tiny. i am giving them a load of baby clothes this week, as i know how tight money can get in these situations. the bloke has the same heart problem as peter and a smaller VAD. he has also been walking the corridors a lot.

jayzmummy Sun 14-Aug-05 21:48:25

Hows Peter doing misdee?

misdee Sun 14-Aug-05 21:51:17

He is doing well, does 5mins on exercise bike a couple of times a day, now walks to the loo instead of using the commode, and can go for a short walk outside the ward with someone trianed on VAD's. (i wil lbe trained soon hopefully). seems a lot brighter now.

jayzmummy Sun 14-Aug-05 21:52:09

good news about Peter... and how are you doing???

misdee Sun 14-Aug-05 21:53:13

me, shattered lol. no seriously, i am fine. But i cant wait till the kids go back to school, they are driving me nuts (dd2 starts pre-school 2 mornings a week yay!!)

jayzmummy Sun 14-Aug-05 21:59:56

you certainly sound a lot happier....onwards and upwards eh!

misdee Sun 14-Aug-05 22:04:30

of course. i cant belive that 6/7weeks ago i really thought i was going to lose him, now he is going from strength to strength. transplant is still there, and it will happen, obviously we dont know when, but secretly i am hoping for xmas something will have happened, wither he'll be home with his machine or he will have had his transplant. As long as the year end positivly after such a sh*tty start.

Easy Sun 14-Aug-05 22:07:22

Great news about peter, misdee, lots of love.

jayzmummy Sun 14-Aug-05 22:08:48

Wishing that everything goes as you want it to. You certainly have been a remarkably strong person over the past few weeks and I hope things go from strength to strength for you both.

misdee Sun 14-Aug-05 22:16:56

thanks. he finds it funny that loads of women ask about him, tho he has told me maybe they all have a crush on him [chuckles].

i found it really nice today when one of the nurse finished her shift and she popped her head round the door to say bye. Me and the girls cant get in the ward without someone stopping us for a natter lol.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now