Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

poo

(3 Posts)
mogwai Sat 13-Aug-05 23:52:17

my six week old baby has yellow mustardy stools, which I wasn't concerned about. She is well, contect and putting on weight. She is formula fed.

Yesterday my mum looked after her and when I collected her, she expressed some concern that the baby had "runny poo". I looked it up in the Penelope Leach book, which said this is normal for breastfed babies, but can signal gasteroenteritis in a bottle fed baby.

Any thoughts??

mogwai Sat 13-Aug-05 23:52:17

my six week old baby has yellow mustardy stools, which I wasn't concerned about. She is well, contect and putting on weight. She is formula fed.

Yesterday my mum looked after her and when I collected her, she expressed some concern that the baby had "runny poo". I looked it up in the Penelope Leach book, which said this is normal for breastfed babies, but can signal gasteroenteritis in a bottle fed baby.

Any thoughts??

jampots Sat 13-Aug-05 23:53:54

sounds about right if baby is happy in herself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now