Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sebaceous cyst - anyone had one/had one removed?

(7 Posts)
dinny Sat 13-Aug-05 19:43:21

Think I'm going to have to have one removed - have got ultrasound booked as consultant wants to see how deep it goes. Am scared of having a general. Any experiences? TIA

Twiglett Sat 13-Aug-05 19:44:59

yes but it was on my ear lobe so was under a local .. where's yours??

katymac Sat 13-Aug-05 19:48:44

My dad as had over 10 removed, both under LA & GA, he prefers the LA - to be honest I think that's just because he is a work acholic (sp). But he did say that if they are deep you can feel a bit much going on with the LA.

dinny Sat 13-Aug-05 19:49:01

hey, SNAP, Twiglett. did have one on my ear lobe removed a couple of years ago, under local. this one (have had it for 8 years -nice!) last time I went they said it was too small to remove so did my other one

this one is in front of my ear - the consultant worried if it's deep as that's where some nerve exits... if it's deep it will be a general....am (stupidly) wishing I'd never asked to be referred now...

Twiglett Sat 13-Aug-05 19:54:04

I had a general anaesthetic (first ever) yesterday and was kind of scared but really it was fab .. and nothing to worry about

dinny Sat 13-Aug-05 19:57:14

did you? how are you feeling today? tired? have had a couple of generals...just scared of not coming round!

Twiglett Sat 13-Aug-05 20:43:16

a little tired but reasonably good tbh

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now