Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone else had an appointment cancelled at Manchester Childrens hospital?

(13 Posts)
fairyfly Sat 13-Aug-05 10:05:19

Due to unforseen circumstances they have cancelled an appointment in October. Perhaps it is just his surgeon that is off but because its slightly vague i was wondering if it is a hospital problem. Thanks.

fairyfly Sat 13-Aug-05 10:43:47

hmmmm, well if nobody knows, i will just have to examine him myself with a fish slice and the kitchen scissors

fairyfly Sat 13-Aug-05 17:16:18

Just on the off chance im not the only person in manchester with a child who needs medical attention i will give it one last blatant bump.

potty1 Sat 13-Aug-05 17:54:19

Has it been booked long ff - maybe he's booked a late holiday. Dd's 12 monthly appointments often get shunted on a few weeks.

fairyfly Sat 13-Aug-05 18:03:31

Yes it is his 12 month appointment, but when it has happened before, usually when dr
is away i have a replacement date. Not to worry, i am sure everyone is the same, you like to get these things sorted without any delay.

potty1 Sat 13-Aug-05 19:16:21

So they've just cancelled - with no other date sent?? That's a bit off.

Clarinet60 Sat 13-Aug-05 22:19:46

We're having a bit of trouble getting them to start investigations on ds. They seem to be on a different timescale to the rest of us.
What is your son having done?

fairyfly Sun 14-Aug-05 22:01:22

He is just having an ultrasound and an ecg. just pisses me off as i cant check his hearts ok, need peace of mind, why are they playing you up?

morocco Sun 14-Aug-05 22:07:02

perhaps they will write again asking you to phone to make an appointment, I know some hospitals use that appointment system now rather than just giving you a day and time to come in
it's not on to just cancel like that though - keep on chasing!
can I ask what the children's hospital is like? we are moving to bolton soon and I thought I might use that as our nearest port of call - does it have an Ok rep?

fairyfly Sun 14-Aug-05 22:13:02

Oh of course, surely childrens hospitals are the best anyway? when i knew my son was ill i thought about going private but it is the same staff!
Only problem i have is the photos of david bekham up the wall............us mancs are well mad for it and proud( bit like that)

morocco Sun 14-Aug-05 22:48:16

photos of David Beckham sounds a lot better than Hull FC on the windows for something to look at while waiting for that appointment. Now I'm all set on transferring there!

potty1 Sun 14-Aug-05 22:56:52

Don't know about Manchester fairyfly, but at Birmingham there's a shortage of technicians to do ECHO's and the some of cardio's have been doing their own. Maybe that's where the problem lies.

fairyfly Sun 14-Aug-05 23:00:40

oooh goodness i hope thats not true, i know my boys doctor hasn't bonded with him but i have with the doctor. He has looked after my baby since he was born. >cough< i was getting maudling

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now