Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What's the new headlice wonder treatment called again?

(10 Posts)
spidermama Thu 11-Aug-05 17:47:10

Someone, somewhere mentioned a new treatment for headlice which actually works.
I'd be eternally grateful if anyone were able to remind me of what it is.
I'm fed up with the herbal stuff which doesn't work. Now, it's time for chemical warfare.

bonym Thu 11-Aug-05 17:50:52

We recently used a new one by Full Marks which takesd only 10 minutes and does work! Not sure if it's the one you mean. It is very oily though and I had to shampoo several times to remove it.

MarsLady Thu 11-Aug-05 18:10:41

Lice Attack!

cod Thu 11-Aug-05 18:11:14

Message withdrawn

bundle Thu 11-Aug-05 18:18:58

there's a new treatment which may be available by the end of the year...

spidermama Thu 11-Aug-05 19:11:28

The end of the year? God No. I have to exterminate every single one before school starts again.

I've tried Full Marks, the foam, which promised full strength organo-phosphates. I was disappointed to be combing out live lice after that. Slow and dazed, but alive none the less.

I also tried the Nitty Gritty oil which stays on for 6 hours ffs. Not only did they survive it but came out of the comb with a spring in their step I thought.

GGgrrrrr!

Anyone for anything else. Please. (Begs)

purpleturtle Thu 11-Aug-05 19:14:26

I heard something on the radio recently which said that the critters are becoming seriously resistant to the chemical solutions, and the best way is to torture your kid once or twice a week with a nit comb in a preventative fashion.

I know that's no use, but it really is all I have to contribute on the subject. Sorry.

Lonelymum Thu 11-Aug-05 19:15:43

LICE ATTACK!

Available in Boots. Someone on MN swears by it.

Lonelymum Thu 11-Aug-05 19:16:25

LICE ATTACK!

LICE ATTACK!

LICE ATTACK!

spidermama Thu 11-Aug-05 19:20:34

Thanks LM. And thanks Marslady. I get it now. It's called 'Lice Attack'. I thought you were just stating the obviuos. Thanks.

Agree PurpleT about regular combing. I try, but keep lapsing. I keep thinking I've beaten them then they hatch. It's funny, but the boys don't seem to get them. (fingers crossed so tightly they're turning whitish blue)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now