Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Quick fix for colds............ please!

(5 Posts)
Charlee Thu 11-Aug-05 15:07:13

I have had the mother of all colds sneek up on me, i woke up yesterday feeling fab i started making dinner in the afternoon and i was feeling great, by the time 6.30 came around i was feeling sooooooo ill! it completley took me buy suprise! i have the typical cold sympotoms plus, i cant lift my arms up as my armpits are swollen and sore, my throat is swollen and sore and my neck is killing me! any remedies? PLEASE!

Nbg Thu 11-Aug-05 15:09:29

Slices of lemon in hot water with a bit of honey and in between drinking that hold your head over a steaming bowl of red hot water with a few drop of olbas oil in. Put a towel over your head and stay there as long as you can.

Charlee Thu 11-Aug-05 15:14:17

Thanks nbg - i need all i can get colds/flu never usually effects me this badly but even my eyeballs hurt and are swollen! im walking like an american football player becuase my under arms hurt and are all puffed out! ouch

ess Thu 11-Aug-05 21:50:40

Grate some ginger and add boiling water- tastes a bit foul but is brilliant. Hope youre feeling better soon.

spacecadet Thu 11-Aug-05 21:53:48

take vitamin c, steam with eucolyptus oil and take some echinaecha.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now