Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Make me calm!

(13 Posts)
mememum Thu 11-Aug-05 10:43:26

Just had my periods return after having dd2. I used to have bad pms but it seems worse now. My moods seem terrible and I hate it. I'm also quite bloated aswell in run up to period. Does anyone have good remedies for this? I have read of herbal remedies but I always end up chucking the article away before noting down the name of anything!

stacijc Thu 11-Aug-05 10:52:12

oil pf primrose is supposed to be good, or you could go to the homeopthay section in boots and there are leaflets that tell u what everything is for

WigWamBam Thu 11-Aug-05 11:13:16

Oil of Evening Primrose, Starflower Oil and Vitamin B6 can all help PMS. They can take a couple of months to work though.

Bach Rescue Remedy might help as well, for a quick fix.

mememum Fri 12-Aug-05 10:20:00

Thank you, I'm off into town today so will have a look at what you mentioned. Got a feeling it was the starflower oil that I read about before.

madmarchhare Fri 12-Aug-05 10:24:13

I know mine were horrendous when they returned after DS, painful and terrible PMS. Gradually though both symptoms have faded. HTH

mememum Fri 12-Aug-05 10:30:02

They just seem so much worse this time round. I'm really trying to keep my mood even but just a bit concerned I might suddenly snap. I already have a funny situation with DD1 at the moment and I don't want her to see me in a mood!

madmarchhare Fri 12-Aug-05 10:31:51

Can you get yourself off to the park, or some fresh air at least? Being outside always calms me down a bit.

mememum Fri 12-Aug-05 10:35:27

Definitely helps. I walk for at least an hour a day and that is my best time. I think I need a bit of me time aswell. Thinking about it I've been overdoing it recently.

madmarchhare Fri 12-Aug-05 10:44:57

Same here, I cant stop when DS is having a nap or is in bed, Im always thinking 'Ooo, I'll just do this or that'

mememum Fri 12-Aug-05 18:11:07

I got recommended agnus castus tablets by a herbal shop. Anyone had this before. March hare I know exactly what you mean. Theres always something to do. Need to chill!

madmarchhare Sat 13-Aug-05 16:31:54

Did you get anything?, have you tried it?

sallystrawberry Sat 13-Aug-05 16:47:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mememum Sun 14-Aug-05 22:04:14

Actually SS I'm learning to drive st the moment aswell - perhaps its all linked! I did get the agnus castus oil and you add a couple of drops to a glass of water. Tastes bloody horrible. I've heard of everything SS mentioned but never this stuff. Lady in shop swore by it but my mum reckons its more for menopausal women. Like SS just think I'll forget to keep taking it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now