Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Why do I feel so sick?

(15 Posts)
Nbg Thu 11-Aug-05 09:47:36

It's been going on for a few weeks now.

I'm not pg, can't be as I've had AF but it is just like morning sickness.

Any ideas, could it be a bug even though it's lasted so long?

Nbg Thu 11-Aug-05 09:57:28

No one knows why. I am obviously just strange and pick up weird ailments

mawbroon Thu 11-Aug-05 09:59:47

I felt like that once and it turned out to be an inner ear infection which was affecting my balance and making me feel nauseous. There was no pain in my ear at all, but a dose of antibiotics did the trick and stopped me buying pregnancy tests!!

Nbg Thu 11-Aug-05 10:00:41

Did you feel dizzy then or off balance?

mememum Thu 11-Aug-05 10:37:18

Hi NBG, I was just about to start a similar thread! I feel off colour nearly all the time. I'm going to to Doctors next week and ask for blood tests. I also feel quite tired aswell - do you?

Nbg Thu 11-Aug-05 10:43:21

Yeah but that might just be my laziness, lol!

I rang my gp up and asked to see a female GP. They told me I had to wait nearly 2 weeks.

Let me know how you get on. If there's blood tests involved I will have to get dh to come with me as I always pass out when I have them done!

mememum Thu 11-Aug-05 10:44:51

Will do.

mememum Sat 20-Aug-05 15:47:17

Hi Nbg. Just to let you know I had docs appointment yesterday. I insisted on blood tests as I'm worried about being anaemic but she thought I was depressed! I go back next week for bloods but this was outcome as of yesterday.

Tipex Sat 20-Aug-05 15:55:04

NGB, could it be gastritis, inflamation of the lining of the stomach. Can last ages and makes you feel really nauseous. Do you have any pain. May be worth avoiding alcohol, onions and acidic fruit and drinking milk or taking antacids to see fi ti helps at all.

Gobbledigook Sat 20-Aug-05 16:06:46

Nbg - I've had this twice this year. I never went to the doctors though so didn't know what it was. It felt just like being pg even though I knew I wasn't - no other symptoms really, just nausea day in day out. Probably lasted about a week both times. My friend had it aswell so we decided it was just a bug.

RnB Sat 20-Aug-05 16:13:59

Message withdrawn

peckarollover Sat 20-Aug-05 16:20:07

NBG I posted a thread just the other day on this - "recurrent nausea"

Not sure what it is

EnidfromtheVILLAGE Sat 20-Aug-05 16:36:29

I had this when I was pg with dd1

and I had a period too

I went to the docs and the first thing he did was a pg test - voila!

worth ruling out?

cod Sat 20-Aug-05 16:48:38

Message withdrawn

cod Sat 20-Aug-05 18:52:34

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now