Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

horrid cough

(7 Posts)
stacijc Wed 10-Aug-05 15:38:57

My 2 yo has a horrible hacking cough but won't drink water(or anything) and his temp is 35.7 what do i do???? not heard of a lower temp b4!!
hes also got a cold so could all be part of it, hes eating fine just not drinking lots. this ocugh has been lurking for days

stacijc Wed 10-Aug-05 15:56:01

anyone?

Marina Wed 10-Aug-05 15:58:44

Are you sure about the temp Stacij? Is it one of those digital ones you stick in their ear and it beeps? It's just that when we get a temp like that with a poorly ds/dd, we always try the other ear (one side of the head is always slightly different to the other apparently, so you should consistently use the same ear for monitoring fever!) or have another go.
The hacking cough and torrent of snot virus is doing the rounds in our part of London.

stacijc Wed 10-Aug-05 16:04:59

we haeva digi one that beeps from mothercare and thats what it says....35.7 in one ear and 35.6 in the other

i was confused too!

was 35.6 earlier on so maybe i have a duff thermometer?(been fine so far tho)

handlemecarefully Wed 10-Aug-05 16:27:21

I stopped using my digital thermometer because I felt that it sometimes gave duff results (like the low temp you are getting). Must admit I use touch now to assess temp or not.

handlemecarefully Wed 10-Aug-05 16:28:30

I've got a cold and hacking cough currently.

If he seems otherwise fairly well in himself (not lethargic, still interested in things) I wouldn't worry unduly.

stacijc Wed 10-Aug-05 16:37:39

hes woken after a short sleep and seems normal so will keep an eye on him

thank you

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: