Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Heat Rash

(8 Posts)
snowball Fri 11-Jul-03 19:16:32

My son has what I assume is heat rash all over is chest and back ( tiny red pimples ). I've been giving him Piriton when he goes to bed but it just re-appears the next day. It doesn't seem to bother him but I just wondered if anyone had any ideas on how to get of it for good.
Thanks

Tinker Fri 11-Jul-03 19:21:16

I think it'll just go away by itself. If he's not bothered by it, I wouldn't even give Piriton

codswallop Fri 11-Jul-03 19:22:34

I was once given some stuff caled RBC cream at a chemists - fantastic!Ds1 got really bad rashes last summer and this did the trick

SoupDragon Fri 11-Jul-03 19:23:34

Use natural fibres wherever possible. I agree with Tinker - if it's not bothering him, don't bother with the Piriton.

snowball Fri 11-Jul-03 19:27:27

Thanks for the quick response. Codswallop what is/in RBC cream? I'm worried that it might become itchy/sore if it continues. I'm probabley worrying about nothing.

codswallop Fri 11-Jul-03 19:50:23

did a google search on it to reassure myself it exists.
http://www.westons.com/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_RBC_2548.html#aRBC2X
It was over the counter..

SamboM Fri 11-Jul-03 21:15:05

My dd has this on her upper arms and thighs, I think I'll try the RBC cream, though it doesn't bother her at all so maybe I should just leave it?

It does look unsightly though.

eidsvold Sun 13-Jul-03 11:01:21

My dd has quite bad heat rash and I used Lanacane medicated powder - helped keep the skin dry and was brilliant in clearing up the rash in no time. I checked with the pharmacist that it was fine to use with her. She had it quite badly on her back. Just smoothed the powder over her back a couple of times a day and it was great.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: