Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Worried about nappy rash/sore

(17 Posts)
Mosschops30 Tue 09-Aug-05 21:27:51

Message withdrawn

spacecadet Tue 09-Aug-05 21:33:17

ive found metanium to be excellent for even horrendous doses of nappy rash etc, but it does sound nasty and could be thrush, i would take him to the gp, if all other methods fail(leave his nappy off etc)

Mosschops30 Tue 09-Aug-05 21:44:34

Message withdrawn

Tumblemum Tue 09-Aug-05 21:56:16

I would take him to the GP, my ds had bad nappy rash and for some dippy reason i assumed the GP could not help. It went on for too long and he was sore, within a week of seeing GP he was better, and in retrospect feel bad he was uncomfortable for so long but thought it would heal up. It turned out to be thrush.

I kept his nappy of loads and put GP cream on. Always use barrier cream now and the ones that worked help ds are benthanpam, sudocrem and willeda's nappy area calendula cream. hope it gets better know what a worry it is.

spacecadet Tue 09-Aug-05 21:57:35

yes you can get metanium from the chemist, it smells a bit like germolene!

Mosschops30 Tue 09-Aug-05 21:57:57

Message withdrawn

helsi Tue 09-Aug-05 21:58:19

dd used to get it really bad - so bad it bled sometimes. GP gave me something to help that I put in the bath and also a strong cream to ut on too. that helped but dd had thrush and also ezcema.

spacecadet Tue 09-Aug-05 21:58:36

you can get white bits if its thrush,i dont know about a boil though..bless his heart..it must hurt.

helsi Tue 09-Aug-05 22:00:38

how old is he? can you leave him without a nappy on for longer?

Mosschops30 Tue 09-Aug-05 22:01:10

Message withdrawn

Mosschops30 Tue 09-Aug-05 22:01:40

Message withdrawn

helsi Tue 09-Aug-05 22:03:19

Yes I would leave him to kick around and crawl(?) without it. His bum needs to breathe a bit more. If he makes a mess then its easily cleaned up.

spacecadet Tue 09-Aug-05 22:03:31

my dd2 has been plagued with painful loking nappy rash so i sympathise, trouble is , as soon as you remove their nappy , they decide to have the mother of all wees!!!!

spacecadet Tue 09-Aug-05 22:04:21

thankgod we have laminate floor in the hall!lol, i let dd hang about nappyless now, it seems to do the trick.

helsi Tue 09-Aug-05 22:05:40

my dd is 2.5 and strips as soon as we are in the dorr. she loves being free!!

Saacsmum Wed 10-Aug-05 04:15:07

My boy had something similar when he was smaller and they thought it may be a kind of boil, kept an eye on it and lots of nappy off time, more regular changes etc until it cleared, we didnt need antibiotics but it was suggested if it didnt clear on its own.

Blackduck Wed 10-Aug-05 06:56:28

Just had to take ds to the dr with a similar thing. Cream (which is working a treat...) and some nappyless time (partic in this hot weather...)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now