Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

pregnant when taking pill?

(6 Posts)
feelingstupid Mon 08-Aug-05 19:43:04

I really hope someone can help me because I feel very stupid and worried. I have been taking the Pill for 2 months now (Marvelon) and apart from spotting during the first packet I've had no problems. But for the last couple of days my boobs have been really tingling, and this morning I woke up feeling incredibly sick,which I have not had since my last pregnancy, and this feeling has lasted pretty much all day, especially when cooking, which again happened when I was pregnant. I can't describe it, but my stomach feels different too, and as silly as I feel, I just FEEL pregnant. Is this possible? And is there any point in me wasting money on a pg test tomorrow? I am on a very tight budget but the more I think about it the more worried I become. If I go to the walk in centre will they give me a result straight away? Or am I just making a fuss over nothing!? Any help would be very much appreciated x

feelingstupid Mon 08-Aug-05 19:44:21

Forgot to say, should I stop taking the pill if I think there's even a slight chance I'm pg, or should I carry on?

WigWamBam Mon 08-Aug-05 19:47:18

I became pregnant while taking the pill, so yes, it's possible. Do try to get a pregnancy test done somewhere tomorrow - I don't know if the walk-in centre or your GP could give you an immediate result, but it would be worth a try if you can't afford a pregnancy test. Otherwise there are cheaper brands of test that you could try without the fancy lines and plastic holders - you can even get them at the Pound Shop these days.

Do please get a test though, to put your mind at rest. Good luck.

WigWamBam Mon 08-Aug-05 19:48:25

Don't stop taking the pill until you know for sure - if you're not pregnant it would risk you becoming pregnant. There is no risk to the baby but you do risk pregnancy if you're not already pregnant.

feelingstupid Mon 08-Aug-05 19:52:10

Thanks for the advice x When I stopped my last packet it took a couple of days to have any bleeding but there wasn't a lot, would I have bled if I was pregnant? I don't really understand the ins and outs of the pill to be honest they prescribed it without any explination whatsoever.

WigWamBam Mon 08-Aug-05 19:54:31

I had a small withdrawal bleed after I conceived, so again, yes - you could still be pregnant. Please get yourself a pregnancy test as soon as you can, to put your mind at rest and so that you can stop taking the pill if you find you are pregnant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now