Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Right, I now have 3 days until a man I barely know takes an electric garrotte to my cervix .. eek

(17 Posts)
Twiglett Mon 08-Aug-05 18:05:52

Got an appointment through today for my loop diathermy .. its on Friday .. that's too soon

I far preferred it when it wasn't written down as it was less real

robinia Mon 08-Aug-05 18:08:39

Well the thread title sounds like capital punishment - sincerely hope it's not that bad .... What is a loop diathermy? ... just so I know how to avoid one.....

Seriously, hope it all goes as well as possible and sorts our whatever needs sorting out.

robinia Mon 08-Aug-05 18:09:02

out not our

Twiglett Mon 08-Aug-05 18:12:42

sounds worse than it is really .. I hope <gulp> .. just removal of abnormal cells .. quite common I believe

serah Mon 08-Aug-05 18:20:56

Don't worry Twiglett... I had that done years ago. The best bit of advice I can give you is not to look at the television screen. Everything is enlarged about 100 times - I'm sure you need no further details!

HappyMumof2 Mon 08-Aug-05 18:30:04

Message withdrawn

robinia Mon 08-Aug-05 18:31:25

Still don't envy you - especially as you'll be concious (sp?). Can you take a book or some music to distract you from what's going on down there?!

Twiglett Mon 08-Aug-05 18:33:38

nope .. won't be conscious .. having a short GA for it

Twiglett Mon 08-Aug-05 18:34:36

but interesting thought though .. what kind of book does one take to an operation on your cervix

there must be something completely appropriate ...

ummm....

marthamoo Mon 08-Aug-05 18:35:43

I've had it done too, Twigs - it isn't that bad (especially after childbirth). I felt a bit wobbly afterwards though - have you got someone to take you home?

Twiglett Mon 08-Aug-05 18:36:27

can only think of 'Gone with the wind'

Twiglett Mon 08-Aug-05 18:45:05

my sister is going to meet me there but not sure she'll be able to come home with me

I am assuming I can just get a cab home

marthamoo Mon 08-Aug-05 18:52:39

Oh a cab will be fine - just think driving yourself isn't wise.

Twiglett Mon 08-Aug-05 19:07:03

good-oh

I suppose I can look on it as a nice rest without children bugging me ...

marthamoo Mon 08-Aug-05 19:10:51

It's when you have thoughts like that that you think..."and my life has come to this?"

Did you hear about that Mum of (I think) 4 who had loads of parking tickets and had to pay them off or go to prison? She opted to go to prison even though she had the money as she said she needed a rest. I think I heard it on Radio 2 and I think she was German. Some bright spark will come along and find me a link now.

MrsGordonRamsay Mon 08-Aug-05 19:13:22

The Vagina Monologues ???

ROFL at my own silly wit.

Twiglett Mon 08-Aug-05 19:14:59

perfect .. and I have it upstairs too ... unread ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now