Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

My DS cant poo!!!!!

(8 Posts)
mummy23 Mon 08-Aug-05 13:41:46

My DS2 is 14 weeks now and is finding it hard to poo!!! (sorry if TMI), he has now not been for 3 weeks and 3 days and i dont know what i can do to help him poo! (he normally only goes onces every 10 days anyway!)
He is exclusively bf!

Is there anything i could eat to make it easier for him to go?

I have a well balanced diet having a regular intake of fruit and veg, and i try to eat healthy dinners (no fried food!)!

Any advice will be appreciated!

TIA

mummy23

Mojomummy Mon 08-Aug-05 13:50:22

Have you been to the doc ? 3 weeks is a LONG time....usually BF babies are going all the time.

Don't want to worry you, butI'd ring the HV now & also the docs.

LilacLotus Mon 08-Aug-05 13:52:58

that is a very long time to not poo. i'd definitely get it checked.

mummy23 Mon 08-Aug-05 14:00:34

I spoke to the doctor and they have suggested that i try using vaseline to help him go (yuck!!!), they said to place it on a cotton bud with vaseline over it and if that dont help then try my little finger (with a glove on if i want!!!)
And if this dont help then i have to go in to see her!

I was wondering if there is anything i should eat to help him go as well!

Maybe i will go and try the vaseline now, b4 i have lunch!

Will check to see if there are any suggestions after i've done it!

Wish me luck!

kid Mon 08-Aug-05 14:10:23

rather you then me!

DD didn't go for over a week so the Dr gave me something called Lactolus (medicine) which did the job pronto. They felt her tummy and it was rock hard! This was when she was 6 months old.

WigWamBam Mon 08-Aug-05 14:15:38

Some of the tricks that used to help dd were to massage her tummy and bicycle her legs. Warm baths help as well - you can do the massage in the bath too. You could also try eating prunes. But as it's been so long I'd take him to the doctors; three weeks is a long time.

Hausfrau Mon 08-Aug-05 14:22:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NannyL Mon 08-Aug-05 17:01:52

yes its true the breast fed babies do NOT always poo every day (or even eevry few days) as the milk they get is made especially for them it can have almost NO waste at all

saying that 3 weeks is a VERY long time

i would suggest go to Dr or call NHS direct to see what they have to say...

maybe if YOU eat prunes it will get into your breast milk?? (me just guessing there BTW!)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: