Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Lost filling!!!

(5 Posts)
noddyholder Sat 06-Aug-05 21:57:44

I have had an aching tooth all day and have just realised I've lost a filling and I'm going on holiday monday!I have phoned the emergency dentist and they haven't called back yet.Do they have to treat me ?And if so how quickly?I am desperate and scared to leave it.Someone suggested a temporary over the counter filling but I'm not sure it would work.Any suggestions?Thanks

jasper Sat 06-Aug-05 22:03:32

They have to get back to you within 24hrs if you are a regisered NHS patient of the practice

noddyholder Sat 06-Aug-05 22:07:12

Thanks jasper I only phoned them 1hr ago so I'll just wait Will they fill it before I go?

jasper Sat 06-Aug-05 22:16:13

They should arrange to see you to offer pain relief which usually means a temporary filling .assuming the tooth is not too far gone - in which case root filling or extraction may be needed)
Have you tried ibuprofen?

noddyholder Sat 06-Aug-05 22:54:48

i have just spoken to her and they will do it 8am tomorrow morning i am so pleased was dreading diy filling tbh I will take some painkillers and go to bed now thanks xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now