Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

are these dizzy spells panic attacks?

(6 Posts)
essbee Fri 05-Aug-05 23:57:06

Message withdrawn

expatkat Sat 06-Aug-05 00:04:58

I have these symptoms w/ panic attacks--not the hot/cold thing though--but I usually recognize a feeling of anxiety in there too. . .or sometimes I just think I'm dying and refuse to believe it's a panic attack (but that's fairly typical of panic attacks). So I don't know. . .are you on meds which could be causing strange side effects? Maybe mention to the gp. A classic panic attack only lasts a few minutes--like 10 MAX. An hour is strange. . .but I don't pretend to be an expert.

lovecloud Sat 06-Aug-05 00:06:55

I suffer from panic attacks, made me agrophobic for years but now i know how to deal with them and it does not sound like a panic attack, a panic attack is basically what you have
you panic, feel extreme terror that soemthing awfuk is about to happen, with me i thought i was about to faint, have a fit or die! i would start shaking, sweating, fidgeting, i would without realising it hold my breath which made me feel dizzy, my throat would go dry and i could not swallow. i would go into flight/fight mode where i feel an extreme urge to escaoe and get out of whereever i was or situation by running etc.. you definitley would feel fear!

i think you should go to you gp and get checked out as your symptoms could be related to many things.

ps. one time i thought i was about to have a panic attack i had all the symptoms but not the fear exceopt of course oi thoughht i might faint, i found out later that day that i was pregnant so maybe you are?

x

essbee Sat 06-Aug-05 00:08:57

Message withdrawn

essbee Sat 06-Aug-05 00:11:02

Message withdrawn

essbee Sat 06-Aug-05 00:13:08

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now