Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

*****Jasper*****

(11 Posts)
Blossomhill Fri 05-Aug-05 22:49:44

Hi

As you are around wondered if I could ask you a quick question. Dd accidentally bashed into ds and chipped a tiny slither off of his tooth. My dentist was very blase about the whole thing and said it's fine. Well I don't think it is as it had only just come through and it is an obvious chip. All my dentist did was sand it down. No xray, nothing. Should I ask for anotehr opinion as it is getting worse. thanks x

smellymelly Fri 05-Aug-05 22:54:52

I'm not Jasper! But ds1 (5.5) has a grey line in one of his baby teeth, I think from falling on a bucket when he was about 1.5, and dd1 (2.11) has a small chip on one of her front baby teeth - dentist not interested in either.

They seem to be ok though so far...
HTH

Blossomhill Fri 05-Aug-05 22:55:33

This is his 2nd tooth though

Blossomhill Fri 05-Aug-05 23:00:37

bump for jasper

jasper Fri 05-Aug-05 23:01:22

without seeing the tooth and the amount that has come off , if it really is just a slither it is nothing to worry about. How old is ds? Top or bottom tooth?

There is rarely a need to take an x-ray in these cases You can tell by looking/ feeling if there is any root damage. If the tooth has just come through the root will still be in the forming stages anyway. Like bones, teeth in the growing stages are quite "bouncy" !

jasper Fri 05-Aug-05 23:03:25

I try not to act blaze whn children come in with this type of injury. Just because I see this every week does not make it les of a wory to the parent who probably has never seen it.
Should also mention the biting edges of childrens teth wear away (often come through wih a scallopped appearance)
so any small chips with disappear anyway.

Blossomhill Fri 05-Aug-05 23:03:56

Jasper - he is 7 and a half. It is top left front tooth. It just looks different to the other tooth. I am worried tbh

jasper Fri 05-Aug-05 23:04:00

I have lost the will to spell

Blossomhill Fri 05-Aug-05 23:05:11

ds's are scalloped. I think it looks quite nice. Why are they scalloped btw?

smellymelly Sat 06-Aug-05 12:30:29

Sorry Blossomhill - I didn't realise it was an adult tooth.

Blossomhill Tue 09-Aug-05 15:20:44

That's ok smellymelly

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now