Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Ds1 has quite a swollen finger - should I take him to A&E for an xray?

(7 Posts)
puff Fri 05-Aug-05 13:14:33

Bad mummy alert here as it happened a couple of days ago - he was playing in my sister's garden and fell on it. Complained a lot that day about it hurting, so I gave him nurofen.

The swelling and bruising (quite pronounced) is beneath the knuckle of the middle finger.

He hasn't been complaining about it since, unless I ask him to wiggle his fingers, which he can do a bit as the damage isn't actually on the knuckle.

What do you think? I'm kind of huffing and puffing at the idea of sitting in A&E (another bad mummy alert ).

Yorkiegirl Fri 05-Aug-05 13:16:18

Message withdrawn

tiffini Fri 05-Aug-05 13:16:28

Can you not just take him to the GP?

stacijc Fri 05-Aug-05 13:17:57

if its a few days old chances are A&E will make u wait but see a GP today if poss and you will be seen very quick if they send u as it counts as a referal!

puff Fri 05-Aug-05 13:19:59

I did think about the gp, but if it does need an x ray, I thought it would be quicker to go straight to the hospital IYSWIM.

Yorkie - no we don't unfortunately - they're great if you have one locally.

I think I've answered my own question really - if I'm asking Mumsnet, I ought to take him down there and get it checked.

puff Fri 05-Aug-05 13:20:49

Aha stacijc - thanks, in that case we'll get down to the gp.

Chandra Fri 05-Aug-05 13:23:47

I don't think they will agree to a X-ray stright away, but they may refer you to the doctor instead. So I would make an appointment with the GP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now