Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

advice about antibiotics please

(11 Posts)
lynny70 Fri 05-Aug-05 12:34:42

Message deleted

BeachedWhale Fri 05-Aug-05 12:49:04

many sympathies lynny. I've been through similar myself after DD was born and it isn't very nice is it? I'm sorry but I don't have any real advice except to drink loads of water to flush out the bugs and cranberry juice can help too. But you probably know that already.
I would go back to the docs to see if you possibly need a different type of antibiotic if you are still feeling pain passing urine. Sounds like the infection is still there.
When I got to my 4th lot of AB's the doc said she would refer me to a urologist if it didn't clear up but thankfully it didn't come to that.
I think the bladder gets very irritated by the effects of pregnancy and birth and with me it seemed to all settle down after a few months.
Hope you feel better soon.

lynny70 Fri 05-Aug-05 13:05:09

Message deleted

nailpolish Fri 05-Aug-05 13:09:49

lynny, have you given a sample for the doc to send to the lab? this will determine the specific antibiotic that you should be taking. penecillin is a universal ab, but this may not be the right one

get well soon

lynny70 Fri 05-Aug-05 13:33:56

Message deleted

nailpolish Fri 05-Aug-05 13:36:40

if you have backache the infection may be in your kidneys. could you please call the gp and make an appointment NOW

Aimsmum Fri 05-Aug-05 13:37:03

Message withdrawn

nailpolish Fri 05-Aug-05 13:38:24

and make sure he sends off a urine sample

lynny70 Fri 05-Aug-05 13:43:49

Message deleted

fifilala Fri 05-Aug-05 14:33:23

can I just add - make sure you get your urine checked after antibiotics aswell to ensure all cleared up (especially if having repeated antibiotics.)

lynny70 Fri 05-Aug-05 20:08:23

Message deleted

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now