Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

ds has strated wetting the bed

(8 Posts)
peaceandlight Thu 04-Aug-05 21:06:52

he is 6. Never done it in the past and nothing new is going on so why could it be?
it's been a couple of times a week for the last month.

Lonelymum Thu 04-Aug-05 21:10:33

My ds did this a bit at a slightly younger age (maybe started when he was 5). I attributed it to him being too tired. He only wet the bed (as far as i could tell) just before waking up in the morning and we assumed he was too tired to wake up properly to go to the loo. Would this fit your ds? If it is any consolation, it was a phase that didn't last too long.

shrub Thu 04-Aug-05 21:11:29

is he just really tired? try asking him to go to bed without pj bottoms on (incase subconsciously he thinks the elastic around his waist is a nappy) hopefully he will wake up in time as soon as he feels the need to go. maybe put potty and nightlight by bed and remind him before he goes to sleep?

Lonelymum Thu 04-Aug-05 21:24:07

Shrub, he is 6! Surely he isn't thinking of nappies and would be insulted by a potty!

Twiglett Thu 04-Aug-05 21:25:14

is he upset over anything

could you gently wake him and make him go to the loo when you go to bed?

Janh Thu 04-Aug-05 23:21:49

It is the school holidays - is he going to bed later than usual?

Oh, you said the last month though - from before he broke up? Could he be worrying about his new class/teacher?

Skribble Fri 05-Aug-05 01:18:30

My DS was always prone to wet beds but after being dry for ages weve had a few. Its due to the holidays late nights, late mornings just a lack of routine. Its usually in the morning when he doesn't wake up in time.

I wouldn't draw much attention to it, you can put pampers bed mats or puppy pads under his sheet very discret. Check out your routines and watch evening drinks.

kid Fri 05-Aug-05 08:26:18

My DD is 6 and she wet the bed which was really unusual for her. It turned out she had a urine infection.

Could you get the Dr to check for this as bed wetting is a sign along with pain when passing urine (could be slight discomfort rather that really painful)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now