Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Checking immunity before MMR booster - where to go?

(4 Posts)
Hulababy Thu 04-Aug-05 19:25:33

Before Christmas this year I need to sort out this. DD will be due her pre school MMR booster around April next year, according to my nurse.

She had the MMR at 13 months and was pretty poorly afterwards, worse than she has ever been before or since. At the time it took a lot of doing to get anyone at the GP/clinic to admit that the MMR had caused the reaction. Eventually one HV did say that it most probably had. However, I have now found out that there is nothing in her notes to say this.

So, I do not want DD to have this booster unless it is absolutely necessary. So,l I need to get her immunity checked. i know that I will have to pay privately to have this done, but I have no idea where to go or how to go about it. We are in Sheffield, South Yorkshire BTW.

Also, what is involved in this? How long will it take? Can she be checked for all 3 at once, or is it done in 3 seperate visits?

Can anyone help?

TIA

Jimjams Thu 04-Aug-05 19:29:02

no idea where but it can be done with one visit.

Teach her to get her rubella status checked BEFORE she wants to get pregnant. No guarantee of long term immunity following the jab. The NHS will do that for free- I had mine tested before ttc ds1.

Hulababy Thu 04-Aug-05 19:30:08

I had that done when I went to see my nurse for a pre-conception chat. Will try and remember that - although that will be many years in the future.

Hulababy Thu 04-Aug-05 20:30:42

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now