Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Pregnant with cystitis and in pain - help, please

(11 Posts)
Thomcat Wed 03-Aug-05 08:47:19

I've been to the GP who had me give him a urine sample and he said from his basic test I seemed fine. He was sending it off for testing and results back Mon/Tues. But it hurts NOW and I'm off camping this weekend.
It woke me up in the night and took me a while to get back to sleep. It hurts, that dragging ache sort of pain, all the time right now, and when i do have a pee it really hurts.

I'm drinking cranberry juice. What else can I do?

Help, can't cope with this camping all weekend at a music festival.

Hattie05 Wed 03-Aug-05 08:48:44

Awww my only useful suggestion was cranberry juice also!!

Can you ask a chemist advice?

Hope it goes before the weekendxxx

SoupDragon Wed 03-Aug-05 08:48:52

Go to a chemist and see if the over the counter remiedies are approriate in pregnancy?

Thomcat Wed 03-Aug-05 08:49:46

Okay will do, it's so horrible.
Holiday was good though

babynovice Wed 03-Aug-05 09:13:44

Thomcat, whenever I get this (thankfully not too often) I force myself to drink LOADS of water, like a pint every half hour until things ease up, it seems to dilute the wee but you will probably end up going to the loo lots....it's worth it though. Hope you feel better soon.

assumedname Wed 03-Aug-05 09:30:04

I always find lemon barley water helps too.

Otherwise, ring up your GP, tell him you're in pain now and ask for a prescription.

Hope you get it sorted.

Thomcat Wed 03-Aug-05 09:59:49

Thanks girls.

eidsvold Wed 03-Aug-05 12:56:07

TC - have been thinking about you and hoping all is well. I had this with dd1 - lots of cranberry juice, paracetemol if it gets too bad and lots and lots of water. What about cranberry tablets - is that an option.

Thomcat Wed 03-Aug-05 13:32:43

Just been to the pharmacist and there was nothing her could do.
it's sooooooo bad now. Cos I'm drinking loads of water, and cranberry juice i need to pee loads and the constant pressure on my bladder is killing me anfd making me sooo miserable. How can I survive a music festival camping long weekend?
i just hope it's better by tomorrow.
have taken a paracetamol and drunk 1.5 litres of water so ar plus 2 glasses of cranberry juice.

swedishmum Wed 03-Aug-05 13:33:36

Tons of lemon barley water. I always have bicarb and water (yuck but effective) but don't know if it would be a good idea while pregnant. I did it myself to no ill effect but wouldn't like to recommend it to anyone else.

Thomcat Wed 03-Aug-05 13:41:15

will buy some lemon barley on way home.
At the moment I just want my mum and a good old sorry for myself cry!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now