Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DS 21mths seems to have knocked his tooth so having trouble biting

(3 Posts)
Nemo1977 Tue 02-Aug-05 20:01:01

my Ds has knocked his top teeth I think so is having trouble biting into anything. Doesnt seem to be in pain just pulls a face when he has to bite and wont carry on. I dont know what i should do about it, do i leave it a couple of days to see if it gets better or try and get him to a dentist tommorow?

chicagomum Tue 02-Aug-05 20:17:37

are the teeth loose? have they moved? are they broken? if not then there is no need to rush to see a dentist. give him a soft diet for a few days because they will be feeling bruised. you need to watch for any changes in the colour of the teeth (going grey/darkening) or swellings on the gum above the tooth, or if he's in pain from them as this can all be signs that the nerve inside the tooth is dying and will need to be dealt with by a dentist (this can occur quite a while after the event)

Nemo1977 Tue 02-Aug-05 20:25:15

thanks chicago mum, tooth isnt loose or cracked at all. I now know its the top right tooth at front as he just let me press them and winced when i touched that one.No mark on gums etc so will just wait and see.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now