Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Flu/Cold: I need to get better! Help!

(5 Posts)
NotQuiteCockney Tue 02-Aug-05 17:13:33

I have a really monstrous flu/cold type thing. I'm feverish, and feel hot some of the time, and cold the rest. At least today I can get out of bed.

I have a sore throat, a dodgy stomach, and lots of phlegm.

I am on holiday. I need to get out of bed and go do things.

Should I be treating the fever with paracetamol? Or letting it run its course? Should I be resting as much as I can? Or does it make that much difference? My appetite is gone, but I'm breastfeeding, so I'm still hungry (if that makes any sense).

My drug options are limited by a) I'm breastfeeding b) I don't do alternative stuff much, and not at all while breastfeeding and c) you can only get codeine over the counter in Canada with caffeine mixed in.

NotQuiteCockney Tue 02-Aug-05 17:14:39

Oh, and all I want to eat is those weird pudding cups ... like angel delight, but you don't have to make them up, or refridgerate them. I'm sure they're really gross.

NotQuiteCockney Tue 02-Aug-05 18:38:22

Bump?

tiffini Tue 02-Aug-05 18:42:07

Lots of water
Lots of Olbas oil
Sit in a steamy room as often as possible
Honey, lemon and sugar drinks

NotQuiteCockney Tue 02-Aug-05 18:51:38

Hot honey, lemon and sugar drinks?

And do I need to completely baby myself? I keep having baths, cold and hot ones, but then the kids climb in, and DS2 just wants to breastfeed continually. Ugh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now