Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

20 monther with a cold sore?

(9 Posts)
Tumblemum Mon 01-Aug-05 12:49:41

My ds has what look like a cold sore in the corner of his mouth.
Can they get them? and what will help it? Bit shocked that he has one as he is so little.
Tumblemum

Tumblemum Mon 01-Aug-05 15:01:10

bump

ruty Mon 01-Aug-05 15:02:34

do you get them tumblemum? Or has anyone kissed him who has one? I would take him to docs to check.

suedonim Mon 01-Aug-05 15:07:02

I don't have any experience of cold sores so can't help there but it might be wise to get it checked out as impetigo can start like that, with a sore round the mouth. It spreads like wild-fire.

lunachic Mon 01-Aug-05 15:08:08

tea tree or lavender oil a tiny amount diluted in sterile water dabbed on with a cotton bud

or a homeopathic remedy find on here

lunachic Mon 01-Aug-05 15:09:45

on second thoughts the teatree or lavender may dry it too much prob best to get ot checked (i would do it on my children but its maybe not best to advise others to do same ) sorry

Fran1 Mon 01-Aug-05 15:12:07

I looked up cold sores the other day (as i have one ) and it said children rarely get them. Cannot remember why.

Impetigo may be a more likely suggestion.

Either way, you'll need to get docs advice on what to treat it with in one so young.

WigWamBam Mon 01-Aug-05 15:27:35

My dd used to get coldsores because she licked her lips too much when she was about the same age. The pharmacist recommended smothering the sore with Vaseline, and it cleared it up really well.

Tumblemum Mon 01-Aug-05 15:43:18

Yes I get cold sores, but thought it was hard for a little one to get from a mummy. I am worried now about impetigo as his nose has had a couple of spots which have been there for weeks. Hope it is not as we will be banned from nursery , and headaches with work

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now