Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Do you get a headache when you're tired?

(12 Posts)
ssd Sun 31-Jul-05 12:02:40

I always do and I'm worried this isn't normal. I've had my eyes tested recently, it's not that.

Does anyone else find this?

nannyjo Sun 31-Jul-05 12:04:31

yes i do, if i'm feeling sad or tired or poorly it's usually mt head that gets it first.

ScrewballMuppet Sun 31-Jul-05 12:05:32

yes a really headbanging one!

Miaou Sun 31-Jul-05 12:10:32

I used to, until I met dh! He is a real fan of drinking lots of fluids (non-alcoholic ones ) and, when I compared how much I drank in a day compared to him, even taking into account our different sizes, I was drinking nowhere near enough. He used to get me a drink whenever he had one, and sure enough, I stopped getting anything like as many headaches. I still only drink a half-pint to his pint, though

ABow Sun 31-Jul-05 12:45:19

Most defintitely! And sometimes when I get really really tired I get tremors and dizzy too. Had it checked out and theres no neurological cause. Its just one of those things. Sleep is the only cure

Lonelymum Sun 31-Jul-05 12:47:42

If I am really badly tired (ie, not just at the end of a normal day) then, yes I get a headache. I can also feel sick, fluey, all sorts. I wouldn't worry about this unless you are getting them really frequently (I think I read once that one headache every month was totally normal in adults).

ssd Mon 01-Aug-05 08:06:25

Yes sleep is the answer, you would think I'd know by now!

Eeek Mon 01-Aug-05 08:15:48

You might also not be eating well enough, or enough of the right things. I find cereal or something plus a glass of water often helps. Its worth knowing that you can have rebound headaches if you take a lot of painkillers too. Headaches are often caused by changes in the blood flow at the back of the head - try resting your head on either a warm or cool (only trial will tell you which) pillow - I use frozen peas. That'll often take the worst away.

ssd Mon 01-Aug-05 08:30:25

good tip, thanks.

alison222 Mon 01-Aug-05 14:50:04

yes only when I'm exhaused though. It used to trigger migranes. Since the children came along I haven't had a single migrane though jsut the odd headache. Sleep is the cure in my case

Gobbledigook Mon 01-Aug-05 14:50:33

I do. I also feel sick if I'm really tired.

Pomi Mon 01-Aug-05 22:17:33

Yes I do have headaches but mine are mostly because of my iron deficiency. Also lack of sleep and my constipation give me headache.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now