Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

embarrassing question re preparations before an internal examination...

(7 Posts)
Twiglett Sun 31-Jul-05 11:08:16

OK <bite the bullet>

when you have an internal, like a smear, and you prepare in advance what exactly do you do?

shave and wash of course .. but how, um, intimately do you wash?

kama Sun 31-Jul-05 11:21:43

Message withdrawn

misdee Sun 31-Jul-05 11:22:31

easier to wash in the bath than the shower.

highlander Sun 31-Jul-05 15:29:11

normal wash - too much showel gel etc can casue thrush.

Bikini wax.

clean socks*!!!!!

When I had my post-natal check up, it was pretty uncomfortable have the metal thing inserted. The OB was trying to distract me to get me to relax and said, "most women are more worried about their feet smelling rather than having the smear"
So I lay there the whole time mortified that my feet were a bit guffy!

kalex Sun 31-Jul-05 15:33:33

Granny underpants, OK, shortie ones rather than things and a good wash. Last time I went about 8 weeks ago I had had a Brazilian and was more embarrased about that than anything else,

Nurse didn't raise an eyebrow, And obviously a quick shower before I went- like three hours before I went.

Listen Mears has dealt with Clitoral rings and so forth, as long as you have bathed in the last 6 days you will be fiene

hunkermunker Sun 31-Jul-05 15:55:16

Remember the glitter and a Green Shield stamp.

Twiglett Sun 31-Jul-05 18:55:57

sneaky .. think I might go for the glitter just for a giggle ..after all poor bloke will be down there a while I believe

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: