Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Concerned about periods not having returned

(10 Posts)
Socci Sat 30-Jul-05 23:25:02

Message withdrawn

hunkermunker Sat 30-Jul-05 23:28:09

Think some women don't get their periods back until they stop breastfeeding completely. But if you're worried, go to the doctor (and report back any bfeeding-related nonsense they come out with!)

Socci Sat 30-Jul-05 23:30:48

Message withdrawn

bosch Sat 30-Jul-05 23:35:53

I saw a post where somebody described your hormones having been tossed up in the air during pg. Where they landed after you gave birth/bf eased off didn't always make sense and sometimes you might need hormones to get you back on track? I shouldn't be worried about your health, (but what would I know) but if you want more babies, it's worth checking out well before you want to start trying.

hunkermunker Sat 30-Jul-05 23:36:58

Periods are odd things and can be disrupted by the slightest thing. For your own peace of mind, might be worth checking, but I'm sure other people on here have not had AF return until they've finished bfeeding.

LOL at the biting thing - is there some kind of "Let's give shit bfeeding advice" manual they read?! I was told that too!

milward Sat 30-Jul-05 23:41:58

My periods returned around this time as I was bf. Until this time my dds had bf on demand round the clock - so must have been bf alot. Some mums find they are period free for a long time. If you're worried then check with doc.

Socci Sat 30-Jul-05 23:45:11

Message withdrawn

hunkermunker Sat 30-Jul-05 23:46:08

Might be AF comes back very soon then, Socci.

Millie1 Sun 31-Jul-05 13:31:11

Socci, DS is 20 mths and mine have just returned today . I've only recently cut out his night feed and he's still having 2 feeds a day (well, 3 until yesterday).

Socci Fri 05-Aug-05 20:29:26

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now