Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Chest and back pains,

(8 Posts)
marne Sat 30-Jul-05 17:17:24

Been getting pains in my chest for a while now, seem to of got worse since giving up smoking a few weeks ago. It feels like i'm being stabed in the chest and back, somtimes it realy hurts when i breath in deeply, does anybody else get this or should i see a doctor?

charleepeters Sat 30-Jul-05 18:00:20

Mabye you have a chest infection? best to get it checked.

Janbo25 Sat 30-Jul-05 23:11:20

i have been getting similar symptoms what other pain have you got?

marne Mon 01-Aug-05 15:17:19

Also get pains in my back, simalar to those in my chest.

WigWamBam Mon 01-Aug-05 15:18:51

Any chest pain needs to be checked out. Go and see the GP.

Janbo25 Mon 01-Aug-05 15:27:40

yes me to marne, one possibiblity they are investigating now is gallstones becuase that can cause both chest and back pain

marne Mon 01-Aug-05 15:32:59

Gallstones, i had'nt thought of that, thought it was all those years of smoking, didnt want to see gp because i thought he would just say its my fault for smoking, so pleased i have given up (due to morning sickness). Maybe i should see gp.

Janbo25 Mon 01-Aug-05 15:50:10

yes do, mine started after having ds, i have had a chest xray which was clear just waiting for ultrasound, apparently gallsones are very common after pregnancy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now