Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Noise in my head like a bady tuned radio

(5 Posts)
WigWamBam Fri 29-Jul-05 19:55:15

I've had tinnitus for years with a number of noises, but recently I've started to get a noise like a badly tuned radio whenever I turn my head. You know how when you used to turn a transistor radio round you would lose the station? That's how my head sounds when I turn my head. It wasn't too bad to start with, but now it's every time I turn my head.

I thought it was a side-effect of Citalopram, but I stopped taking that three weeks ago, and the noise is still there - and getting worse.

Anyone else had this? I did ask my GP and he said it was probably the tinnitus, but it doesn't seem like it. The other noises don't bother me like this does, and it seems very different - it's only there when I turn my head.

mismatch Fri 29-Jul-05 20:42:02

How awful - my nan has had tinnitus for years. No advice for you but plenty of sympathy....am I right in saying there is not much the docs can do?

LittleStarsweeper Fri 29-Jul-05 20:43:41

that'll be all that pom pom pom,poming on 'name that tune' thread

WigWamBam Fri 29-Jul-05 20:44:37

Nothing they can do about the tinnitus - I just don't know if the new noise is part of it or something different. I cope pretty well with the tinnitus as I've had it all my life, but this new one is driving me barmy.

WigWamBam Fri 29-Jul-05 20:44:55

Probably, starsweeper

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now