Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

cold sores/impetigo YUCK!!

(3 Posts)
Fran1 Fri 29-Jul-05 15:48:48

How do you differentiate between the two?

I have suffered with both, but years ago.

Yesterday i had that "tingling" feeling and so bought some cold sore cream - been applying lots. I now have two spots on lip, and two just above. The whole of inside of cheek feels numb and that side of my tongue. Is that normal? Don't remember the numbness from before.

I'm wondering if it could be impetigo.

Marina Fri 29-Jul-05 16:01:21

I think cold sores are viral and impetigo bacterial. But as far as early symptoms go, they are hard to differentiate Fran. A while back I posted in a panic about thinking dd might have a cold sore (she was only 1) and it turned out to be a very small impetigo sore.
I am fortunate to have had neither so don't know about numbness, but if you are applying something like zovirax and it isn't working then I guess you need to check with the GP. Ouch. Hope you feel better soon.

Fran1 Fri 29-Jul-05 18:50:17

Thanks Marina, that is what i'm using zovirax, maybe a reaction. If still there i'll speak to doc on Monday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now