Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

aah, ow oooh ouch aaah

(10 Posts)
Hausfrau Fri 29-Jul-05 15:26:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

edam Fri 29-Jul-05 15:33:07

You survived all that, and you went out of your way to write an amusing, self deprecating post about it! Awww.

No idea re nail but suspect you may have to cut it off - I wouldn't pull, tbh.

tarantula Fri 29-Jul-05 15:33:11

My advice would be NOT to pull it off (tho if it was me Id be very tempted cos I can never resist). shudder tho. can you put and ice pack on it to numb it to ease the pain.

kid Fri 29-Jul-05 15:33:33

If its attached in any way then don't pull it off.
Ds somehow managed to split his toenail horizontally the other day, but not too far down. I managed to be very brave and cut it as short as I could. It seems to have stuck itself down now.

Twiglett Fri 29-Jul-05 15:35:34

oh .. yuk .. am squeamishly shivering in empathetic recognition

(hate feet hate feet)

Janh Fri 29-Jul-05 15:36:55

Poor you!!!!!

If there is no overhanging bit I wouldn't touch it - it will be sore for a while (oo ow oo!!!) but will grow out slowly and if it wants to come off it will - keep cutting the end, very carefully!!!

I would keep a plaster on it to protect it but change it once or twice daily to keep an eye and make sure it doesn't stick.

Hausfrau Fri 29-Jul-05 15:44:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Distel Fri 29-Jul-05 15:46:35

Definetely the frog plasters.

Twiglett Fri 29-Jul-05 15:47:43

no I think monsters go better in graveyards

Sponge Fri 29-Jul-05 16:07:02

This happens to my thumbnails quite often for some reason.
Cut it very short so there's no chance of the split bit ctaching on anything and just keep cutting it v regularly until the split grows out.
If it's short enough you should be able to get away without a plaster for the funeral.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now