Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

97 and still counting....

(16 Posts)
Orinoco Thu 28-Jul-05 19:55:25

Message withdrawn

jessicaandbumpsmummy Thu 28-Jul-05 19:57:21

Anbesol Liquid - works wonders. Dip a cotton bud in the liguid and dab on ulcers - stings like hell but clears them up nicely!

Miaou Thu 28-Jul-05 19:59:09

Are you really run down, orinoco?

I got a mouthful of really bad ulcers last year when I got the flu (proper flu ) - in fact my tongue was so ulcerated that it killed off all the nerves at the tip and I still can't taste anything with the tip

Does your GP think that you haven't got tonsilitis, then?

Sorry, no practical advice, just sympathy, I remember the pain well.

emmatmg Thu 28-Jul-05 20:00:00

97!!??....OMG...you poor thing.

I doubt there is anything over the counter that will stop them as there is obviously something going on that needs stronger stuff.

Hope they clear up soon.

HappyMumof2 Thu 28-Jul-05 20:01:48

Message withdrawn

Orinoco Thu 28-Jul-05 20:04:52

Message withdrawn

Mum2girls Thu 28-Jul-05 20:06:28

How awful for you.

DP suffers with these and so does DD1. She had a really awful crop on her tongue a year or so ago and the doc prescribed 'Adcortyl in Orabase'. It's a really thick paste (which she hated) but it cleared them up really quickly. DP has used it too and says it really does speed up the healing.

WigWamBam Thu 28-Jul-05 20:09:35

Sympathies, Orinico, they're horrible. Go and see your GP to make sure that there isn't another cause for the ulcers - as well as being run-down, they can be caused by infections, ulcerative colitis and other things too.

Hope you get them sorted out soon.

sallystrawberry Thu 28-Jul-05 20:09:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Orinoco Thu 28-Jul-05 20:24:51

Message withdrawn

Mum2girls Thu 28-Jul-05 20:48:08

Orinoco - it's only available on prescription (or was), so your doc would be able to tell you.

Orinoco Thu 28-Jul-05 20:58:24

Message withdrawn

suedonim Thu 28-Jul-05 23:25:48

Adcortyl in Orabase is available from your chemist without prescription for about 5gbp and ime is the best thing for mouth ulcers. It has a tiny amount of hydrocortisone which starts the healing process within 24hrs. There are also mild hydrocortisone tablets you can get over the counter but I forget what they're called. Your pharmacist should know what they are. Hth.

suedonim Thu 28-Jul-05 23:26:28

Cortylan?? That might be the name!

Nbg Thu 28-Jul-05 23:28:44

I've had this before. The Anbesol use as often as you need to. So whenever you feel the pain stick some more on.

I also kept swilling very very salty water in my mouth as often as possible.

Orinoco Sat 30-Jul-05 22:47:43

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now