Talk

Advanced search

Why do sunglasses hurt my head?

(8 Posts)
NoseyNooNoo Mon 19-Apr-10 23:39:13

When I put sunglasses on it hurts my head where they touch my head behind my ears. It takes about 3-4 minutes to become unbearable and is worse if it is particularly sunny. It's not my skin that hurts but further into my head.

Can anyone advise what is happening here and what I can do about it (rather than get a sun hat)?

OP’s posts: |
Jajas Mon 19-Apr-10 23:43:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NoseyNooNoo Mon 19-Apr-10 23:48:33

Do sunglasses come with different gaps between the 'arms' (not sure about proper name).

Seona1973 Tue 20-Apr-10 08:32:19

yes they do as I normally try on loads of pairs until I find some that fit without digging in.

castille Tue 20-Apr-10 08:47:39

They are too tight.

Loosen the little screws on the branches (or ask an optician to do it).

Chil1234 Tue 20-Apr-10 09:48:20

Definitely too tight. A someone that wears glasses all the time to correct vision I know just how important it is to have the frames adjusted to fit the shape of your face, bridge of nose, position of ears etc.... Sunglasses bought 'off the shelf' are a bit of a lottery. Loosening the screws in the arms sounds like a good first step.

NoseyNooNoo Tue 20-Apr-10 11:07:47

Thanks for the tips - will try loosening them and see what happens.

EllaLemond Sat 05-Oct-19 14:14:45

Definitely too tight. A someone that wears glasses all the time to correct vision I know just how important it is to have the frames adjusted to fit the shape of your face, bridge of the nose, the position of ears, etc. I also suffer from this problem. But now I love to wear sunglasses because my new frame is adjustable and more comfortable. I bought sunglasses from citysunglass.com/product-category/reading-glasses/ store. If you want to buy then the best way to buy it from the wholesale sunglasses store.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »