Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

ds just went all shaky

(10 Posts)
starlover Thu 28-Jul-05 12:33:56

i was soooooooooooo scared!
he was fine all morning, then began to grizzle for a feed. So sat down with him with his bottle. then looked down and noticed that he was covered in beads of sweat all over his face and nose. i stroked his head and that was all sweaty too and his hair was soaking and just stuck to his head.
i felt his tummy but that felt cold and clammy.
he had nearly finished his bottle when he moved his arm up to his mouth and it was all shaky and then his head started shaking too!
i sat him up to wind him and he was just all sleepy and crying a little bit so gave him a dummy and he kind of snuggled down to sleep and then suddenly "came to" and was fine! he then sat there grinning at me and playing with his toys!

what could it have been? it really scared me...

WigWamBam Thu 28-Jul-05 12:37:25

It might have been a little dip in his blood sugar, which the feed has fixed.

I wouldn't worry too much but if it happens again, get him to the GPs.

starlover Thu 28-Jul-05 12:38:27

oh... why would it fall suddenly like that?

WigWamBam Thu 28-Jul-05 12:40:28

It just does sometimes - my dh very often gets little episodes of low blood sugar even now, and he gets the sweating and shaking that you describe. Having something to eat fixes it.

If you're concerned give NHS Direct a buzz and ask them.

sorrel Thu 28-Jul-05 12:42:14

wwb i was going to say the same thing. i am diabetic and that is exactly waht happens to me whan my blood sugar goes low.
Can you get to the gP in the next couple of days Starlover? I would if I were you.

starlover Thu 28-Jul-05 12:42:52

oh right. are there any early signs that i can look out for? it sounds like that could have been it.

starlover Thu 28-Jul-05 12:43:28

yes, i can probably get an appt in the next few days

sorrel Thu 28-Jul-05 12:45:53

I just feel it- but also test my blood regularly so i know where i am. i m sorry i just don't know enough about this in babies or if my hunch is even right.- so couldn't advise properly. id still say ask GP.

starlover Thu 28-Jul-05 12:46:29

thanks... think i'll get him an appointment to be on the safe side

sorrel Thu 28-Jul-05 12:47:20

all the best Sl. let us know what happens.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now