Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Er......I didn't think this was the flu season............

(7 Posts)
Puff Wed 27-Jul-05 19:22:02

But I am flat on my back in bed, able only to stagger to the loo. Thankfully, a friend has come over to look after the children.

I haven't had a temperature, cough or runny nose.

Have been to casualty twice in 3 days - first time with severe chest pain, thankfully it wasn't a heart attack, but something called Bornholm's Disease - a viral infection of the muscles between your ribs.

Yesterday, I could not move my arms and legs - back to casualty - the virus has now spread and it seems I have flu.

I feel like one of those cartoon characters that has been "flattened"!

Anyone else got ill like this in the summer? I am bemused and v fed up.

Puff Wed 27-Jul-05 20:56:07

......and if you have had flu, how long did it take to be up and about - I haven't got time for this!

hunkermunker Wed 27-Jul-05 21:04:47

Oh, Puff, poor you! Hope you're on the mend very very soon - sending you some virtual chicken soup (it's not got chicken in it, so it's OK if you're veggie too ) xxxxxxxxxxxx

foxinsocks Wed 27-Jul-05 21:09:59

I've only had proper flu once (before that, I never believed it could be so bad!)

I was in bed for around 3-4 days literally only moving to go to the loo and then suddenly I felt much better but had to take it easy for a few days after that. I would consider myself fairly fit and healthy otherwise (just to give you an idea for comparing recuperation times!).

expatinscotland Wed 27-Jul-05 21:20:53

Hope you feel a little better soon. I've had geniune flu three times in my life, ALL of them bad. The last time, I was a fit 25-year-old climber. I wound up in hospital w/double pneumonia. It was 6 weeks before I could breathe w/o gasping.

And I fell ill just a bit before Xmas! Missed all the parties and fun. Was in hospital for Xmas.

Get well soon!

georginars Wed 27-Jul-05 21:26:32

Puff, I've just had awful flu - together with heatstroke at the beginning of it (most likely I got the heatstroke because I already had the flu virus) - nearly went to hospital myself the weekend before last with the heatstroke as thought I had meningitis and was going to die! I felt horrible for a week and still feel pretty washed out and pathetic now, 12 days after it started. But I was up and about after 2/3 days although v.wobbly. I did have a cold thing with it as well. Maybe it's doing the rounds near you (I'm near Twickenham but haven't heard that flu's going round).

Puff Wed 27-Jul-05 22:19:30

Thanks folks - glad to know I'll hopefully be up and about in a few days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now