Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

baba's private part (on the outside) is all red hot and inflammed

(10 Posts)
biglips Wed 27-Jul-05 11:58:41

she is 9 months old and she woken me up early hours in the morning, having a tired cry. i looked in her nappy (she had already had a 8oz bottle 2 hours before) and it was watery poo weee but her private part is inflammed - like she had a wet nappy on for a week!. she screamed her head off when i put nappy cream on her so now ive bathed her in plain water and not put any nappy cream on.

i wondered why its all red and imflammed?

hana Wed 27-Jul-05 12:00:32

is she teething? was her nappy dirty and wet? the nappy rash is caused when the two mix. I'd leave her nappy off for a while and air it out if you can, poor thing
metanium is really good for clearing up a nappy rash

biglips Wed 27-Jul-05 12:14:05

yes her nappy was dirty and wet but she had a clean one on before she went to bed and yes i noticed this morning she was teething alot as she is grabbing nearly everything and sucking on it so i put bonjela on her gums

its not a rash it more like eg you spilt a very hot cup of tea on your arm and its imflammed - poor thing!

Kayleigh Wed 27-Jul-05 12:15:59

i second metanium. best stuff ever for clearing sore bits quickly

biglips Wed 27-Jul-05 12:17:12

okay - ill get sum today - thanks from very tired mummy

biglips Wed 27-Jul-05 12:17:52

oh and another thing - can i take her swimming today or tmrw or wait till it clear up?

hana Wed 27-Jul-05 12:43:07

i'd wait the chlorine might make it worse

WigWamBam Wed 27-Jul-05 12:57:26

If it doesn't clear up quickly with the nappy rash cream, take her to the doctors in case it's thrush. I wouldn't take her swimming until it's cleared up, and when you bath her, don't put any bubbles in because they will make things worse as well.

Kayleigh Fri 29-Jul-05 07:49:58

how is she now biglips ? has the soreness cleared up ?

biglips Sat 30-Jul-05 10:17:02

oh yes, she's a million times better since i got the metanium - brill stuff!!, so she is fine now as ive been using cotton wool and water to wipe her botty as for the past 2 days she was filling her nappy 7-8 times a day!! as she got a tummy bug plus today she is full of cold and cough - oh well it just one of them days

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now