Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Help! Baby being sick everywhere!

(8 Posts)
dizzymama Tue 26-Jul-05 20:27:27

Quickie: Dd is 6 months old, hahsn't appeared off colour at all but just started throwing up everywhere. All her bottle and most of her tea has re-appeared. Trying to give her water at moment. She seems ok in herself...what should I do?

KBear Tue 26-Jul-05 20:29:25

I wouldn't give her anything for a couple of hours then try water only - room temp. Might be the start of a bug but sometimes they are sick then right as rain the next day.

Check her temp too.

compo Tue 26-Jul-05 20:29:27

My ds has done this a couple of times. We just cleaned him up and put him into the cot and he slept fine but ate his breakfast very quickly in the morning! You could take her temperature and use calpol if it's high

dizzymama Tue 26-Jul-05 20:30:03

Running to thermometer now....

dizzymama Tue 26-Jul-05 20:42:03

temp ok, rung primary care, got to keep an eye on her for one hour then try to feed her again. She's even bringing up water.

NotQuiteCockney Tue 26-Jul-05 20:44:21

Bringing up water isn't a good sign ... I'd get her checked out if she won't take water this evening.

dizzymama Tue 26-Jul-05 20:45:10

Yes, think we will depending on what happens in an hour. Cross your fingers

hermykne Tue 26-Jul-05 20:56:14

if its a stomach bug, they say to starve them and even water can come back up, diorlyte (i think is the spelling is wrong) is for rehydration, dissolved in water.
dd had 2 days of throwing up on hols, and she literally couldnt have anything, it just came back up.
she had a temp as well, but she is older 2 +11mths. i got it then and put it down to table water in a restaurant.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: