Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Reasons for a bug tummy?

(9 Posts)
lovecloud Mon 25-Jul-05 21:22:15

I started the thread "I think I'm pregnant"

Basically I look and feel like I am pregnant even though tests including clear blue say not!

My tummy has grown over the last two weeks into a nice neat high firm bump and in the evening after dinner it looks shockingly big (remeber that in 1st pregnancy)

Although I am hanging onto the hope that I am, I have to face facts that I am most likely not and wonder if you could offer any other explanations of why I have developed this pregnant looking tummy?

Also I have actually lost weight, I normally weigh about 9 and I am now 8.12 so the belly can not be due to too much food???

I poo 1-2 times a day so it cant be a blockage

What do you think???

Thanks x

lovecloud Mon 25-Jul-05 21:23:06

See I even have pregnant brains

I did not start that thread, I started "I look like I'm pregnant"

starlover Mon 25-Jul-05 21:29:11

if you were pregnant how many weeks would you be?

lovecloud Mon 25-Jul-05 21:32:27

7/8 weeks

I already have a little girl and I never got around to toning the old muscles so Im sure 2nd time they will expand fast!!!

I am 5.9 in height and weigh 8.12 so I notice any changes in my body. A few weeks ago my tummy was totally flat, not toned flat though.

starlover Mon 25-Jul-05 21:35:48

have you been to gp to rule out anything else?

lovecloud Mon 25-Jul-05 21:41:45

I went last week just before I did the clear blue, said they dont do urine tests anymore and told me to buyt a clearblue test and said that they are the best tests and would not fail me. she said she would do a blood test if still not happy to detect pregnancy, she did not feel or check my tummy.
i am due on this Friday, i dont normally get a swollen tummy before i come on and anyway I have had this for over two weeks so it can be connected to periods.
When you say rule anything else out, what else?
MY mil said fibroids - but that causes painful havy periods right? My last period was so light, i suspected pregnancy before it started... I have done 4 tests i think, last one was middle of last week!

starlover Mon 25-Jul-05 21:51:46

don't know really! lol
but presumably there are other things that can cause bloatedness etc.

if you're 7-8 weeks then you must've missed one period already?

lovecloud Mon 25-Jul-05 21:58:44

I had my period beginning of the month first day it was normal then stopped and came back so light.

This is what happened the first time I was pregnant, I only tested when my 2nd period did not come but I had no other signs then as I was fit with good tummy muscles and did not show until 5 months.

I really dont know what is happening, my dh jokingly said maybe I am having a phantom pregnancy as I want a baby soooooooooo much.

lovecloud Mon 25-Jul-05 22:54:38

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now