Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

getting rid of scars

(7 Posts)
nobby Fri 27-Jun-03 17:19:01

My son's got a scar on his nose - left from a nasty graze a few months ago. I read ages ago that there's an oil or lotion that's really good at healing and improving scars. Does anyone know what it is?
Cheers.

Boe Fri 27-Jun-03 17:20:22

Vitamin E is good for all kinds of stuff - I was given wheat germ oil though - although have sneaking suspicion that they are one and the same.

SoupDragon Fri 27-Jun-03 18:32:31

I agree with Boe; Vitamin E squeezed from those capsules you're meant to take.

helenmc Fri 27-Jun-03 18:37:14

my sister got some plastic jelly stuff from Boots (plastic surgeons use it). Its expensive, but you can re-use it lots of times. You start off with some thing like 20 mins a night, then build up to a couple of hours and after each time you wash it and stick it back on its plastic sheet.

wickedstepmother Fri 27-Jun-03 19:04:39

Elastoplast make some scar reduction patches, there's a write up here

nobby Fri 27-Jun-03 19:11:55

I think i'll go to Boots tomorrow and have a real good ferret around - thanks very much for all these tips.

morocco Fri 27-Jun-03 22:28:14

callendula cream from health shops is excellent too

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: