Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DD can't sleep - bad cold. Getting hysterical - help

(4 Posts)
Magscat Sun 24-Jul-05 21:20:03

DD has had really bad cold for past 24 hours. Can't breath throguh nose so not fed much & can't suck fingers which is usual way of getting comfort/sleep.

She had calpol about 5.30 and slept 90 minutes.
We've had her back downstairs as the only thing that stopped her crying was to 'entertain her'.

DP has now insisted on trying to get her to sleep in cot & I can hear her crying & it sounds like she's getting more hysterical not less. I just went up there & dp got cross & said she's nearly been asleep 3 times but she was screaming. Don't know whether to leave him to it or barge in & 'take over'. Not sure I would do a better job - she's not responding to cuddles or b/f like she normally would.
Ideas?

singsong Sun 24-Jul-05 21:56:32

I find some vapour rub on back/chest helps when ds has a cold (we use Calrub).

expatinscotland Sun 24-Jul-05 22:09:09

MediSed. Knocks 'em right out and has a decongestant made for children. You have to ask for it at the chemist counter, tho.

Magscat Mon 25-Jul-05 19:54:52

Just a quick note to say thanks for the ideas. She got to sleep not long after I posted last night and woke a few times in the night but wasn't hard to get back to sleep.
Wonder how tonight will go!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now