Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Any suggestions for doing ALL I can to help my 5 yr old get healthy again???

(6 Posts)
trinityrocks Sun 24-Jul-05 19:48:00

My 5 yr old DD has not been on top form for a few months now. First she had a horrid head cold type thing and then she got a tummy bug(no big thing but just hasn't helped) and then she got a horrid cough that turned out to be a chest infection. She is now taking antibiotics for the chest infection but to me she needs some more help....like a tonic or extra vits or something. She looks a little thinner and paler than she used to and she starts school in August and I want her to be feeling strong and healthy.
Any suggestions, do they do a Metatone type tonic thing for children???? Any herbal things proven helpful???? Any good foods specifically for building ggod health?????
Thanks in Advance

Micku5 Sun 24-Jul-05 19:50:38

There is a children's tonic called Minadex available.

Heathcliffscathy Sun 24-Jul-05 19:53:46

lots of smoothies with loads of fruit in? ever though about seeing a homeopath, they will look at every aspect of her health and help you to protect her against further infections, working with her body. if you don't believe in that stuff, what about lots of vit c and echinacea and fish oils are very important for all sort of functions not least brain health.

sure there will be more stuff here from other mners. she is lucky she has such a caring mum though

nell12 Sun 24-Jul-05 20:19:25

tonnes of fruit and veg, haliborange kiddies multivitamins (orange flavour chewy sweet)
Lots of sunshine=vitamin D
plenty of sleep
The old ones are the best!

trinityrocks Mon 25-Jul-05 14:44:24

thanks guys, I'm trying all the old ones nell but I think I'll try Minadex aswell
I hadn't thought about homeopathy for DD but have been thinking about it for me for a while, perhaps I should get us both seen, How would I go about finding a Homeopath?????????
Thanks again

milla1 Sun 31-Jul-05 19:46:37

I'm taking my 3 yr old to a homeopath this wednesday. He's been generally run down for a few months now, with dark circles round his eyes, swollen glands in his neck and a general low level of energy. I know there's nothing serious wrong, but there is SOMETHING wrong and I reckon homeopathy might just do it. I've been recommended a guy up in town (London) by an acupuncturist I know so I'll keep you posted!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now