Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

TOOTHACHE

(10 Posts)
dermotolearyswifetobe Sun 24-Jul-05 03:23:40

Any alternatives to Paracetemol. I have the worst toothache and there is no emergency dentist where I am so will have to wait until Monday and pray I can get an appt. then. IS there any alternative to Paracetemol. The brand I have is every 6 hours but the pain is back after about 3 and I just can't bear it. Anyone up at this hour of the night that can help.

Skribble Sun 24-Jul-05 03:26:00

Could try iboprophen

strugstu Sun 24-Jul-05 03:28:12

i'm sure my granny used to swear by oil of cloves for toothache- not sure if u can still get it.

QueenOfQuotes Sun 24-Jul-05 03:28:19

Neurofen capsules (sp).

dermotolearyswifetobe Sun 24-Jul-05 03:28:34

can I take that with paracetemol or as an alternative.

strugstu Sun 24-Jul-05 03:30:13

u can take both together- but better (i think personally) to take couple of nurofen (ibrupofen) then take paracetamol couple of hours later.

dermotolearyswifetobe Sun 24-Jul-05 03:32:43

thansk I think i have nurofen somewhre. The pain is really terrible. Its such a constant nagging pain with only respite for a couple of hours.

Thanks ladies. Thought I was the only person still up. :D

strugstu Sun 24-Jul-05 03:34:07

hope u feel better soon- i must go to bed now- X

QueenOfQuotes Sun 24-Jul-05 03:34:52

nah definitley not the only one still up.

I know it's quite warm at the moment, but a hot water bottle held against the jaw can help a little too.........or just make a coffee and hold the warm mug against your jaw

strugstu Sun 24-Jul-05 03:36:42

'gateway for the pain' - thats what the GP's call it! (i'm full of useless crap!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now