Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Mouth ulcers

(11 Posts)
jampots Sat 23-Jul-05 09:15:14

I had a mouth ulcer yesterday which was annoying but now have woken up with about 3 or 4 sore patches around the edges of my tongue - not sure if they're ulcers yet to be honest but gosh v annoying. Going on hols tomorrow and need a quick cure?

LittleMissNaughty Sat 23-Jul-05 09:18:17

Rinstead pastilles are great for mouth ulcers. You can get them in most chemists.

Hope that helps.

lockets Sat 23-Jul-05 09:22:20

Message withdrawn

jampots Sat 23-Jul-05 09:23:28

lockets - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

yes a bit spikey - have also been sleeping for England - what can I expect ?

lockets Sat 23-Jul-05 09:26:21

Message withdrawn

jampots Sat 23-Jul-05 09:36:06

ok - i can probably deal with that but my tongue is soo sore. Will o/d on Rinstead I think - thanks LMN I think we have some of those but forgot all about them

lockets Sat 23-Jul-05 09:40:35

Message withdrawn

kid Sat 23-Jul-05 09:57:43

I always use bonjela, it doesn't numb the tongue for very long but offers a bit of relief.

lalaa Sat 23-Jul-05 10:42:39

you might have geographic tongue. i had it when i was pregnant. nothing to worry about, just a bit annoying. i think it can be a sign of some nutritional deficiency - google it and see what you can find. mine went away as soon as i'd had dd.

GeorginaA Sat 23-Jul-05 17:32:18

We've had that virus thing too... seems to culminate in 24hrs of high temperature then disappears as fast as it came...

spidermama Sat 23-Jul-05 17:34:24

Is this ulcer causing virus catchable via the mumsnet website. Yikes. I'd better do some housework then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now