Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Normal reaction to MMR?

(7 Posts)
anchovies Fri 22-Jul-05 23:22:35

Ds (18 months) had his mmr last week and has had a very high temperature for the past 2 days which I an only keep down with a combination of ibuprofen and paracetamol. He is very restless and generally upset and has started being sick today. He has a strange cold sweat at the moment and is not sleeping.

Just wondering how much of this is to be expected or whether I should be worried?

anchovies Fri 22-Jul-05 23:32:33

lilsmum Fri 22-Jul-05 23:35:16

i think it is quite common to be "off colour" a couple of days afterward (dont quote me on that though) if the meds end up not taking his temp down, or if you just "know" something aint right (mothers intuition) i would ring nhs direct imo.

hth, and hope he feeling better soon. xx

Jimjams Fri 22-Jul-05 23:39:06

Wouldn't worry too much- may just be a coincidence and be a virus or a sign the jab is working. the children I know who have had bad reactions which have meant something (iyswim) have had strange screaming for hours and hours, and constant diarrhoea for a long time, or seizures,

anchovies Sat 23-Jul-05 09:26:02

Thanks for that. He seems a bit better this morning and that was basically what I was getting at jimjams!

HappyMumof2 Sat 23-Jul-05 10:22:24

Message withdrawn

Davros Sat 23-Jul-05 11:28:55

You must be worried anchovies, hope he's getting better now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now