Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Dental Charges (How Exciting)

(9 Posts)
Fimbo Fri 22-Jul-05 14:28:39

How much do fillings on the NHS cost? My dh has just been charged £80. He says he didn't have to sign any forms either. Anyone?

twirlaround Fri 22-Jul-05 14:29:12

Root filling?

WigWamBam Fri 22-Jul-05 14:30:41

£80 is about right for an NHS root filling, ordinary fillings are much cheaper. Does he have any more work to have done? He won't sign a form for the NHS treatment until it's completed.

Fimbo Fri 22-Jul-05 14:30:50

Don't think so. Dentist did ask if he wanted white and he just said yes without thinking.

WigWamBam Fri 22-Jul-05 14:31:48

Ah - white fillings are a different kettle of fish. He will have paid private charges for a white filling, unless it's one of his front few teeth.

spidermama Fri 22-Jul-05 14:31:54

My dentist is charging £50 for a white filling.

Fimbo Fri 22-Jul-05 14:32:15

Thanks WWB - no more treatment required so I assumed he would have/should have signed the forms. He's going to phone them this afternoon to check.

Fimbo Fri 22-Jul-05 14:33:55

Grr men . Its at the back, so wouldn't have been seen.

chicagomum Fri 22-Jul-05 15:15:31

if its at the back it would be private for a white filling and the individual dentist would set the charges themselves in terms of signing a form, if he had no treatment under the nhs (eg a check up ) he wouldn't need to sign a form for private treatment

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now