Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

i have a spot in freont of my eyes

(25 Posts)
misdee Fri 22-Jul-05 12:17:24

or rather my right eye. its like a blurry bit, icant see without one patch becoming fuzzy. do i need to see the doc or wait till to see if it clear?

cadbury Fri 22-Jul-05 12:18:51

I get this too. It's normally connected with stress and tiredness with me. Have never taken it to the drs but I know that being in front of a computer screen makes it worse.

NotQuiteCockney Fri 22-Jul-05 12:19:27

Might be a migraine aura. Do you get migraines? How long have you had the patch?

WigWamBam Fri 22-Jul-05 12:19:37

I'd get an optician to check it out, misdee.

woollybaalamp Fri 22-Jul-05 12:19:44

Is it in the same place or does it move about?

Aimsmum Fri 22-Jul-05 12:20:21

Message withdrawn

misdee Fri 22-Jul-05 12:20:25

its been there all morning. its bugging me now. its like when i have a rainspot on my glasses. my galsses are clean so its not the lenses, as its also there wheni take them off.

RTKangaMummy Fri 22-Jul-05 12:21:31

I think it is probably a FLOATER

does it look dark when you look at white??????

misdee Fri 22-Jul-05 12:21:54

can i take migraleve when breastfeeding? i know peter has a strip of them somewhere, but no instructions. i have suffered migraines in the past, but not doing this to my eyes.

misdee Fri 22-Jul-05 12:22:39

nope, its the colour of whatever i am lokking at, but like a distoration of whant i';m looking at, kinda fuzzy.

RTKangaMummy Fri 22-Jul-05 12:22:50

no sorry if fuzzy then prob not

Aimsmum Fri 22-Jul-05 12:24:30

Message withdrawn

macwoozy Fri 22-Jul-05 12:25:05

I know this sounds odd, but I read that you can get visual disturbances with a migraine attack without the headache. Wierd huh?

Twiglett Fri 22-Jul-05 12:26:15

I think you need to get it checked out misdee

though it is most probably nothing any sudden visual disturbance should be checked out asap

Aimsmum Fri 22-Jul-05 12:26:38

Message withdrawn

misdee Fri 22-Jul-05 12:27:18

i'll try some painkillers, and take as break from the screen. if its still there later on then will pop down the clinic.

edodgy Fri 22-Jul-05 12:29:50

I had this in the summer and it turned out to be some trapped dust behind my retina i had quite a few spots and it looked like when u look through a windscreen/window with rain spots on it. Mine turned out to be dust trapped in my eye and optrex eye wash finally got it out.

Fio2 Fri 22-Jul-05 12:32:09

i get LOTS iof floaters too, think it is to do with how bright the light is as I get loads when i walk by the sea

NotQuiteCockney Fri 22-Jul-05 20:40:22

Was it a migraine coming, misdee?

misdee Fri 22-Jul-05 20:51:56

havent got an migraine. the spot is smaller now, i have had itchy eyes the last few weeks due to hayfever, maybe it was something to do with that.

NotQuiteCockney Fri 22-Jul-05 21:00:04

As long as it's going away, it'll probably be ok. Eyes are weird. (Are you seriously shortsighted or anything like that?)

misdee Fri 22-Jul-05 21:01:28

i'm short sighted in my left eye, and long sighted in my right eye. not MASSIVLY BUT ENOUGH TO CAUSE PROBLEMS WITH FOCUS ON things. (sorry caps lock). if i dont wear my gasses i end up with nightmare headaches due to eye strain.

NotQuiteCockney Fri 22-Jul-05 21:05:14

Ok, just checking.

I've you're severely short-sighted (6 or worse, I think), you're at risk of retinal detachment. But in theory, the advance warning signs are things that look like showers of sparks (at which point you must run run run to the ER). I say in theory, because my mom didn't get any warning signs.

MrsATeam Fri 22-Jul-05 23:00:00

Hi there misdee....I have this and went to see my doctor and my optician and both have said this is a floater.....more or less means that it is a piece of membrane from the eye that has come loose and floats around the eye..you can have several apparetally!!....totally harmless and more annoying than anything....there is nothing that can be done about it and I just have to live with it.....if I am not concentrating on them I do not see them but if I do then I can....if you get my drift....hope this makes you feel a bit better...but if you worried please see a doctor or your optician to put your mind at rest

SaintGeorge Sat 23-Jul-05 11:30:45

misdee - if it continues/recurs and especially if you get a repeat of the itching or sensitivity to light, then please get it checked out with your GP. Ask for a referral to an eye clinic.

I have Iritis and the symptoms you describe sound just like when it first started. It is treatable with steroids but, if left untreated, can cause permanent damage to your sight if you have repeated attacks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now